Many factors can affect our mental health and memory. Good nutrition is without a doubt the most important. Nothing else works optimally without it--not exercise, not brain games, nada. As a result our brain is a nutrient and energy hog.
The brain has a higher need for a more diverse array of nutrients than any other part of our body. While it is primarily made of fatty acids, the brain also requires various B-vitamins, minerals, amino acid, antioxidants, as well as other phytonutrients to perform its many functions of support, repair, neuro-signaling, etc.
For example, memory problems might suggest that some nutrient is lacking in the brain. There are at least nine good candidates for what that nutrient might be. So a supplement that contains only one, or even a few nutrients, is likely insufficient for optimal brain health.
Unlike drugs that can often conflict, nutrients work in concert and often synergistically with each other. Generally, several are needed simultaneously in sufficient amounts in order to make a difference.
The 12 nutrients and herbs in Memoryze provide a broader array of brain and memory supporting nutrients, at higher levels, than any other formula we are aware of. Each nutrient has been shown in various clinical studies to safely and effectively address a wide variety of potential problems within the brain.
- 3 B-Vitamins: Critical to maintain the health of various brain cell structures, such as synapses and microtubules, that transport chemical messengers, and energy producing mitochondria. Taken together they have been shown to improve mood, reduce inflammation (homocysteine), brain shrinkage and age related memory decline.
- Vitamins C & E: Protect the various structures of the brain from oxidative damage, widely associated with cognitive decline.
- Resveratrol: Is a plant based antioxidant (from the skins of grapes) now proven to help protect the brain and memory from age and disease related decline, and promote mental health, brain growth and longevity, so our body doesn’t outlast our brain.
- Curcumin: From the spice turmeric, curcumin plays a variety of roles in maintaining the brain. Studies in the US and India show it helps reduce inflammation from traumatic brain injuries, enhances the immune system, reduces beta amyloid plaque, and helps to restore brain cell function. It can also protect the brain against the devastating consequences of stroke and exposure to toxic heavy metals. More recent research suggests it may help in overcoming depression as well.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC): Works synergistically with Memoryze's other ingredients to support and regenerate glutathione, the most powerful cellular protector in the human brain.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR): Helps in the synthesis of acetylcholine, the chemical messenger (neurotransmitter) needed to make memories. It is also required by our body to transport fats into our cells' mitochondria, where they can be used to produce ATP the energy brain cells need for thinking, concentration and learning.
- Alpha Glycerylphosphoryl Choline (Alpha GPC): Provides the basic building block for the production of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine required to make memories. In one study of more than 2,000 subjects with memory impairment Alpha GPC was shown to reverse cognitive decline and forgetfulness in 71% of the patients.
- Phosphatidylserine: A fatty acid essential for building brain cells and neuron networks, which store memories. This is one of the best documented nutrients for dementia prevention and memory enhancement. In patients who had serious cognitive decline PET scans revealed that, after taking 500 mg of phosphatidylserine every day for 3 weeks, every study participant showed significantly enhanced glucose metabolism (i.e. energy production) across all brain regions, compared to baseline scans. In another double-blind, placebo-controlled study, with cognitively impaired patients those who took 300 milligrams per day (mg/day) of phosphatidylserine performed significantly better on standardized memory tests at the end of the 12-week trial period. ALCAR and Alpha GPC work synergistically in the brain with Phosphatidylserine.
- Rhodiola rosea: A powerful herb found in Asia and Eastern Europe. It’s best known for its ability to reduce the stress hormone cortisol and thus counteract the mental and physical effects of stress on the hippocampus where memories are made and retrieved. This potent herb has also been shown to support healthy oxygen levels as well as key brain chemicals involved in regulating mood, and increasing mental energy for thinking and remembering.
Taken in combination these nutrients can dramatically increase cognitive function, especially in those experiencing some difficulties. That’s why our investigation found that not only does this formulation work faster than most to provide the results desired, but when other formulations stop working this can help restore function like no other product on the market that we know of. It’s not magic, but in a relatively short period of time it can make a huge difference in one’s ability to think, reason and remember, as well as elevating mood.